Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summertime

Well, it is not officially summer, but it sure does feel like it.  It has been HOT this week.  I love summertime, but now that I have a baby, I realize the downside to the extremely HOT weather.  For example, one of our (really my) favorite afternoon activities is to go for a walk.  When 4:00 rolls around, this mama is getting anxious for the hubby to get home.  So, Little R and I like to go walking all around the neighborhood.  Many afternoons, my friend, Jenny and her baby, Cali, would join us.  The nice strolls at 4:00 are long gone when the temp hits the 90's outside.  These little babies just don't like the heat.  Can you blame them?  So, Little R and I have been spending alot of time at the pool in the afternoons.  We are very fortunate in that we can walk to the pool in about 5 minutes.  Trey and I got him a pretty cool, little float the other day, and he loves it!


Reives and his friend, Cali, at the pool!!

Another thing I love about summertime is the grill.  It is so much fun to grill out in the backyard.  Here is the meal we grilled earlier this week.  My camera was sitting on the table, so I decided to take a picture of this yummy, colorful meal:


On the menu was: steak kabobs (thank you Publix for putting them together for us), a grilled onion (which my hubby loves to cook.....we grill it all wrapped up in aluminum foil), grilled corn on the cob, and sweet potato skins (a new recipe I tried....delicious!)  I can't wait for some more delicious grilling!!!

Happy Summer Everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment