Friday, May 13, 2011

8 Months!!!

On Wednesday, Little R turned 8 months old!  I cannot believe it.....2/3 of a year already!  He is getting cuter and cuter everyday, and it is amazing to watch him grow, learn, and discover new things.  It is so sweet now when he lifts up his arms to be picked up or tries to crawl into your your lap when you are playing with him on the floor.  It is also adorable to watch him "dance."  He LOVES music, especially the "ABC" song.  Whenever you sing it to him or he hears it played from one of his toys, he bounces up and down to the music with the biggest grin on his face.  It is the cutest thing ever!!!!  I'll have to catch it on video soon!  I guess I would say that Little R is now crawling.  He definitely gets up on his hands and knees (sometimes feet) and gets to where he wants to go.  He is interested in checking everything out, and I definitely cannot leave him unattended for very long anymore.  The days of leaving him "loose" in the room while I clean the bathrooms are over.  He still loves his jumperoo and exercauser, and believe it or not, two days ago he swang in his swing for about 45 minutes and loved it.  He loves being outside, and he loves Chip.  Although, I am not sure if Chip knows what to think now that the little guy is mobile.

We are currently taking a swim class at Candler Hospital with about twelve other moms and babies.  It is so funny to watch all of the babies in the water.  Little R loves being in the pool and splashes around like crazy!   Earlier this week, I took him to our neighborhood pool, which was freezing.  He was not too sure about the freezing water temperatures, and neither was I.  We'll try again soon!

Here are some other things he is doing now:

-eating alot of baby food (hates avacodoes, loves EVERYTHING else!)
-pulling up in the bathtub, on people, on other babies, (you get the picture)
-swinging in the swings at the neighborhood park
-pulling up grass in the backyard (one of his favorite pastimes)
-feeling and scratching everything to see what kind of texture it has
-waking up very early in the morning around 6 to sit up and talk and play in his crib for a while...then going back to sleep for a little bit
-still talking, but only "AHHHH" and "EEHHH" (no consonants yet)
-eating puffs and Mum Mums...I am trying to get him to learn to pick up food and put it in his mouth, but he would rather play with it
-looking cute and being a very happy baby!

Here are some pictures I took of him on his 8 month birthday.  It was VERY hard to get him to sit still and not try to fall face first out of the chair!!!






Happy 8 Months to my sweet Little R!  Could you please stop growing so fast?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment