1. Broughton and Bull
Trey and I were finally able to go out for a fun date night downtown. We had been trying for a few months, but each time we made plans, one of us wasn't feeling well. Trey planned the date, and he took me to Broughton and Bull. For those of you Savannahians, it is located where the old Il Pasticcio was on the corner of, you guessed it, Broughton and Bull Streets. It has a fun atmosphere, is reasonably priced, and has great views so you can people watch. We sat right by one of the huge windows and enjoyed watching all of the tourists and high schoolers dressed up for prom walk by. We ended our evening by walking around downtown and then eating frozen yogurt in Ellis Square.
Here is a link to their website:
2. Spoken From the Heart by Laura Bush
I have always liked Laura Bush. She is former teacher and made early literacy her platform while she was The First Lady. I always admired her class and poise and the way she conducted herself while in the country's spotlight. I also loved the fact that she supported her husband 100%, even when she disagreed with some of his decisions. I have been wanting to read her autobiography for some time, and so I finally checked it out from the public library. I am not finished with it yet, and I am just getting to the part where her family moves into the White House. So far, I have loved learning about the early part of her life, and I cannot wait to finish it!
3. Johnny Jump Up
This is one of Little R's favorite things right now. He loves playing in his Johnny Jump Up! He has always liked to stand up, and now he can spin and bounce up and down while he stands. He is having a blast!!! It also keeps him entertained for a while so I can get a few things done around the house :)
4. Golden Nails
My mom, Laura, and I all had manicures and pedicures the week before Laura's wedding. None of us get manicures and pedicures that often, and we were not sure of the best place to go. A friend of mine suggested Golden Nails in the Medical Arts shopping center. It was probably the best manicure and pedicure that I have ever had! The massage chairs were so comfortable and the manicure and pedicure even came with a shoulder and head massage. I would definitely recommend this place!!!
They don't have a website, but here is their info:
5. Amazing Grace body spritz by Philosophy
My mother in law gave me this body spritz a few years ago. I used it off and on, but I just discovered it again the other day. I LOVE it! It is not as heavy as perfume, which I cannot really wear because it makes me sneeze. But, it is strong enough that it gives off a wonderful scent. It is a floral smell that reminds me a little bit of Bath and Body Work's Honeysuckle collection. I have not tried any of the other products in the Amazing Grace collection, but I may have to look into that :) I know that Ulta sells Philosophy products, but I am not sure where else to find them. Here is a link:
I hope all of you had an awesome April!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment