Little R was very sweet to me on my 1st Mother's Day! He got me a dozen pink roses, a super sweet card, some of my favorite candy, and a mirror for our bathroom that we have recently updated. (I had mentioned a mirror that I liked to Little R and Trey one day, and Trey later told me that Little R whispered to him that he wanted to get that mirror plus the flowers for me for Mother's Day!)
Me and my sweet baby boy on Mother's Day!
Being a mother has made me appreciate my mother so much more. I realize now the love, sacrifice, sleepless nights, and busy days that she endured for my sister and I. I realize now all of the tears (and bottoms...hehe) that she wiped, the kisses she gave, and the songs she sang. She is an amazing woman, and I truly admire her wisdom and compassion for others. I am so thankful that I live close enough to see her enough, and that she is one of my best friends. We love you, Mama!!!!
Me, Laura, and Mama on Laura's wedding day
Being a mother to a son has also made me appreciate my mother in law, Patti, who is a mother to 3 boys. I am also thankful that I live close enough to see her often, too. Patti did such a great job raising my hubby, and she is one of the most generous people I know. I am thankful to have her to give me "boy advice" along the way. We love you, Patti!!!
Patti, Trey, Ross, Adam, and Reives on Mother's Day (Adam is standing between Patti and Ross....you just can't see him!)
Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment