Friday, August 12, 2011

Little Buddies

About 6 months after Trey and I got married, we went to Keller's Flea Market and picked out the newest addition to our family.  This tiny, little black and tan miniature dacshaund just captured our hearts, and we couldn't resist.  For some reason, this little dog reminded me of the little boy teacup named "Chip" from Beauty and the Beast.  Don't ask me why they reminded me of each other....I have no idea.  I mentioned the name "Chip" to Trey, and he liked it.  Thus, Chip got his name.  For a little over 4 years, Chip was pretty used to having all of our attention, so we were a little concerned about how he would do when we brought our new baby home from the hospital.

Well, Chip was not too fond of Little R the first few weeks.  He kind of kept his distance and growled on occasion if Little R accidentally touched or kicked him.  Over the weeks, he began to warm up to our cute, little addition.  But, even then,  he only wanted to interact with Little R on his terms.  With each of Little R's major milestone's, I fretted over how Chip would react.  It turns out, though, that with each milestone, Chip has come to love Little R more and more.  And now that the little guy is walking, these two are the best of buddies.  Anytime that Chip comes around, Reives smiles and "talks" to Chip in a certain voice that he uses only to talk to animals (dogs, cats, etc.)   Chip gets so excited to see Little R each morning when he wakes up and runs to lick him and play with him.  I think Chip also loves the fact that Reives tries to throw him his ball.  They are such cute little buddies :)

 Chip is always right by his side these days

Ahhhh.....don't lick me!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! I'm interested in how my two will be with the baby. My bet is that John will pout a little that he's not getting all of the attention anymore.

    ReplyDelete