Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A-Bah

When Little R first began to eat "meals," I became so frustrated with myself because I would forget to say a blessing before we ate breakfast and lunch together.  Trey always says our blessing when we eat as a family, but I would forget sometimes when it was just me and Little R.   I have no idea why I kept forgetting because I have always said a blessing before my meals.  Trey and I obviously want to teach our children the importance of being thankful for God's many provisions, including our food.  So, I began to ask God to help me remember to always say our blessing and thank Him before our meals.  Now, this little "blessing" time is one of my favorite times.  I always lean close to Little R and say the blessing with my hands folded.  Of course, he does not fold his hands or close his eyes, and he is usually already eating his food, but he does help with the "AMEN."  It is the cutest thing.  I always say "A" (I kind of drag it out) and when I say the "men" part, he always says "bah."  So sweet!!!!  I am glad he is already joining in on this very important time of talking to God :)

No comments:

Post a Comment