This morning I read Psalm 103. What a great Psalm to remind us of God's mercy and grace. I once heard mercy explained as "God not giving us what we do deserve" and grace explained as "God giving us what we do not deserve."
Psalm 103: 4 says "...who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion..."
I am sure that I have read this verse several times before, being that it is underlined in my Bible; however, this time when I read it, God showed me something different. First, he redeems my life from the pit. Truly, all of us deserve the pit. None of us can even come close to being worthy to be in God's presence. But, because of His mercy, we do not have to have the pit. Yes, all of us deserve the pit, but He chooses not to give us what we deserve. He chooses to give us the mountain top instead!!!
But, what really struck me about this verse is that it does not stop there. Not only does He show us His mercy, but He bestows on us his wonderful grace. He not only gives us the mountain top, which we do not deserve, but He even goes so far as to place a crown on our heads. "...and crowns you with love and compassion..." (Psalm 103:4). WOW! He literally crowns us with His love and compassion, which is far big enough to meet our every need.
When I really stop to think about what I deserve and what I actually get (simply because He loves me), I am pretty blown away!!
"The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love," (Psalm 103:8)
No comments:
Post a Comment