Sunday, July 3, 2011

June Favorites...

I think June 2011 was the fastest month in history!!!  It seriously went by SO SO fast! (People warned me this would happen once I had a child!)

Here are my top 5 favorites from June (in random order):

1. Hyatt Regency Savannah

Trey's brother's wedding weekend centered around this beautiful hotel in downtown Savannah.  The Hyatt is located between Bay Street and River Street and sits right next to beautiful City Hall.  The Bridesmaid's Luncheon, Wedding Reception, and After Wedding Brunch were all held here.  All of the bridesmaids also got ready in a beautiful suite at the hotel.  The Hyatt's staff was extremely friendly, welcoming, and accommodating.  The food was delicious, and the wedding reception was incredible.  I would definitely recommend staying here if you are visiting Savannah or just want a place to get away for a special occasion :)

2. "Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo


If you have not read this book yet, YOU SHOULD!!!  It will blow you away.  This little boy's encounter with God is literally out of this world!  The stories he tells after his "encounter" are incredible. This book makes me so excited about my eternal home!






My cousin, Elizabeth, came into town and we had lunch at Atlanta Bread Company.  We both had the Waldorf Chicken Salad Sandwich, and the sandwich was so good that we both did not want it to end.  I mean, you know it is good when you want a never ending sandwich.  It is on Asiago Cheese Bread (my favorite) and is just plain delicious.  You should check it out next time you are eating at an Atlanta Bread Company!



The past couple of years, my Aunt Kathy has given me a gift card to Ulta Beauty for my birthday.  I have enjoyed going in there each time and spending my gift card on some fun "beauty things" for myself.  I guess that I never got around to using my last birthday's gift card before Little R came along, and goodness knows I have not had alot of time to shop for myself since he arrived.  So, last year's Ulta gift card was still taking up space in my wallet, and I finally had a chance to go in there, without the little one, and look around for myself.  I could probably spend hours in that store.  I love looking at all of the makeup products, nail polish colors, and hair products.  It is such a great place to get my "girly fix."  Because Ulta was having a huge sale on their own brand of products, I decided to purchase some and try them out.  I bought a couple of nail polish colors, eye shadow colors, and some blush.  I have enjoyed all of them so far, especially the eye shadow.  The colors I got have just the right amount of shimmer in them to add a little sparkle but are not over the top.  I highly recommend trying them out :)



Who would have ever thought that Cheerios would become my new best friend?  Over the past couple of weeks, Little R has started to number one, want to feed himself, and number two, eat table food instead of baby food.  He is certainly becoming Mr. Independent.  Well, Cheerios have, hands down, become his favorite food because number one, he can easily pick them up off his tray and feed himself, and number two, they are table food.  It is the funniest thing because as soon as he sees me get the "big, yellow box" out of the pantry, he starts kicking his legs and making "excited" noises.  It is too cute :)  I sure am glad they are a healthy option for him, or I would be in real trouble!

Goodbye month of June and hello, July!  (I really hope you aren't quite as hot!)


No comments:

Post a Comment