I have always loved the 4th of July! It brings back memories of cookouts, fireworks, and Papa's homemade peach ice cream. Maybe I always loved this holiday because it is exactly 10 days before my birthday :), or maybe I loved it because I always spent it with family and friends. Anyways, I still love celebrating the 4th of July. We opted not to take Little R to a fireworks show this year, but we hope to next year for sure! Here is a recap of our weekend:
My dear cousin, Elizabeth, came in town, so Little R and I got to spend most of the day Friday with her :)
We spent Saturday at Tybee with my parents, Trey's brother and his wife, and a bunch of other family friends. This is a picture of Little R and his buddy, Tucker Hollis, who is about 4 months older than him. They had lots of fun playing together :) Little R was so worn out by 11 am that I actually got him to go to sleep in my arms (rarely happens these days) and take about a 50 minute nap. After that, he was good to go for the rest of the day and had a ball crawling around, eating sand, and splashing in the water.
This is a video that I took of Little R laughing at Chip before we loaded him into the car to head to the beach. Little R is starting to get a little annoyed with Chip when he runs up to lick him in the face (which we try to stop). But most of the time, they are good buddies!
Later on Saturday, we went over to have dinner with our friends, the Brookshire's. Brad and Trey work together, and I have become good friends with Brad's wife Carrie. Their son, Jack, is about 2 months older then Little R. I am sad that I did not get a picture :(
We spent Sunday going to church, napping, and shopping around at Lowe's. Little R spent some of the day practicing his "walk."
I cannot believe he is already doing this!!!!
On Monday, we got ready and headed to The Farm to spend the day with Trey's parents. We had a great time relaxing on the front porch, playing with the 5 crazy dogs, smoking chicken, riding through the woods in the golf cart, and watching Little R explore around. It was a very fun day!!!
Getting ready to head to "The Farm"
Happy 4th of July
Little R and his Grandpa rocking on the front porch
Little R checking out Gauge
I hope all of you had a wonderful day, celebrating our great country!!! Our pastor said something in his sermon on Sunday that I think is worthwhile to pass along. He mentioned that if we spent the same amount of time praying for our President and leaders as we did criticizing them and their policies, we may actually help in doing something productive for our country. I certainly was convicted by that!
No comments:
Post a Comment