Tuesday, July 26, 2011

First Steps...

Well, Little R did it!  He braved the wobbly, bobbly world of walking.  He dared to let go and try on his own, and he did it!  Trey claims that he saw Little R take two steps on Saturday while we were visiting our friends, Scott and Ann, on St. Simons.  Because I was at the Bailey Boys outlet shopping for Little R and missed this, I do not count these as his first steps....Trey does, though.  Then on Sunday after church, Little R was "cruising" around in the den and took two steps on his own.  It happened so fast, I barely missed it.  It has not happened again, but I assure you, it happened!  He also climbed up to the third stair on Sunday all by himself.  We will be placing a gate at the bottom of the stairs in the near future.

All of this to say, the little guy is on the move these days.  He is also very attached to his "Mama."  It really breaks my heart :)  I know it is a phase, but I do hate that he screams and cries when I leave the room sometimes or when we drop him off in the nursery on Sunday.  Oh well, I guess they have to learn.  Here are a few pics of Little R on the move.  

 Little R LOVES this push toy that his cousins gave him.

 Finding just the right toy from the toy box

 That leaf looks interesting....

 I think I'll pick it up

 Am I really standing all by myself???

 Standing is hard work...I need to sit down

 Walking along the sofa....

 Pulling up on Daddy's leg

Attempting to climb the stairs (gate will be up ASAP)

That was hard work!!!!

1 comment: