Peter had the best of intentions. He loved Jesus, no doubt. I am sure that at many times Peter knew that He would do anything for Jesus....he told Jesus so. When Jesus told Peter at the last supper that he would deny Him three times, I am sure Peter chuckled to himself thinking, "Yeah right!" Yet, he did it, and when that rooster crowed, I am sure Peter felt the weight of the world on his shoulders.
I couldn't help but think how much like Peter that I am. I love Jesus, and I say over and over that I will do anything that He wants me to do and sacrifice anything that He asks of me. Yet, over and over I put my needs ahead of my love for Christ. Whether it is the embarrassment of sharing Christ with a non Christian or choosing to do something else instead of spending a few quiet moments with the Lord, I deny Him. Yet, just like He did with Peter, Jesus chooses to spend time with me. He allows me to walk on the water and defeat my fears. He cleanses me and washes my feet. He died for me. How thankful I am that even in the face of my denial, Jesus chooses to LOVE. Happy Easter!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment