I remember that when Reives was about 15 months, I said to Trey that I thought 6-12 months were
the "golden months" of babyhood. Brooks is in those months right now. I just love this age. Mine were both sleeping through the night, napping well, smiling alot, babbling, learning to crawl and pull up, and discovering their world around them. And, there isn't too much discipline involved at this point :) So, I am soaking up these "golden months" with my sweet Brooks.
Where do I even start with Brooks? He is just so sweet and happy! I just love him to death. He has the sweetest smile that will melt your heart and these big, bright blue eyes that just capture your attention. He LOVES his big brother, Reives and is starting to laugh at him alot! Brooks is super easy to take anywhere and just kind of goes along for the ride. Right around 8 months, he was getting up on all fours and rocking. And now, a week later, he is crawling! Here are some other things going on with my sweet boy:
-loves to eat. favorite foods are any fruit, carrots, squash/zuchinni, and puffs
-is just starting to crawl
-can now go from lying down to sitting up on his own
-likes his pacis (but not as much as his big brother did)
-his comfort item is a square of an old Tshirt of mine that I cut up. He has about 5 of them that I rotate in and out. He looks for it immediately when you lay him down and snuggles with it and rubs his face with it to go to sleep. So sweet!
-gets 4 bottles a day and 3 meals a day
-drinks water from a sippy cup
-has babbled mamama and dadadada a few times
-loves to swing in the backyard
-has 3 teeth (all on the bottom)
-his hair is growing in pretty thick and is blonde. It seems to be a little blonder than R's was at this point
-still wears his orthopedic shoes to help with his toes curving inward (does not seem bothered by them)
Here are some 8 month pics that I took:
And just for a little comparison:
Reives-8 Months Brooks-8 Months
Reives-8 Months Brooks-8 Months





No comments:
Post a Comment