I went to the doctor on Friday, March 9 and found out that I was 2 to 3 cm dialated. I was so excited, but I did not want to get my hopes up. In fact, I hoped that the baby would wait until Monday to make his appearance so that my doctor would get to deliver him. Friday afternoon, I began having some contractions. As the night went on, I started to write the times down and noticed that they were coming every 12 minutes. They continued throughout the night and some of the contractions were painful enough to wake me up. I hardly got any sleep as I felt that I was going into labor. However, the next morning, the contractions pretty much stopped altogether. Saturday afternoon, they started up again. Around 6:00 some of them started to become pretty painful, but the contractions were between 10 and 20 minutes apart. At 7, we put Reives to bed and I tried to "relax" on the sofa to see what these contractions would do. Around 9, we decided to go to the hospital. The contractions were very painful...I couldn't talk or walk through them....but they were still 7 to 13 minutes apart. The doctors usually say to go to the hospital when they are 5 minutes apart. Well, by the time we loaded up the car, put Reives and the dog in, and arrived at the hospital, the contractions were coming about every 5 minutes and I was 5 centimeters dialated. I received an epidural when I was 6 cm, around midnight. I started pushing about 1:50 and twenty minutes later at 3:12, Brooks arrived. No, I didn't forget about 2:12....at 2:00, we "sprung forward" to 3:00 :)
This labor and delivery was much quicker, easier, and less painful than my experience with Reives. Once again, I went into labor on a weekend when my doctor was not on call, so a different doctor has delivered both of my boys. Just like when Reives was born, watching the doctor pull that little baby out was one of the most amazing experiences of my life! We are so thankful and blessed to have a perfect, beautiful, healthy baby boy! Brooks is so sweet and we love having him as part of our family!
Welcome to the world, sweet baby!
Dr. Tarrea and Brooks right after he arrived (excuse the foot)
Just perfect!
Every time Trey started talking to Brooks he stopped crying :)
Holding my sweet baby :)
No comments:
Post a Comment