Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Reives Christmas Season

I was not sure how much Little R would "get into" Christmas this year.  I mean, he is still too young to truly understand the meaning of Christmas (even though I tell him), and I know he won't understand Christmas morning or anything.  But, it is really fun to see him "get into" the Christmas decorations.  Every time we walk around the neighborhood, he points out every house that has a wreath, or some type of decoration in the yard.  He points at every Christmas tree wherever we go, and has a certain "word" that he says for "Christmas tree."  It sounds absolutely nothing like "Christmas tree," but he says the same thing every time.  His "word" has the same number of syllables as "Christmas tree."  Needless to say, it is really cute!

Little R has been up to a few Christmas activities.  He helped/watched me make Christmas cookies and enjoyed eating them.  He helped us pick out our Christmas tree, and he put one ornament on to decorate :)  He sat outside with us by the fire pit one night while we roasted marshmallows.  He is amazed at the fire, which he calls "ha" for "hot."  We have been to see Santa, and Little R did better than I thought.  He didn't cry or act scared of Santa, but he didn't seem to like Santa either.  He just kind of sat there and looked around like, "What are you people doing to me?"  Yesterday, we went over to my aunt and uncle's house to make Christmas cookies with my cousins.  This is an annual tradition that has been going on for years.  Little R loved walking around the kitchen, trying to pick up the dropped red hots, chocolate chips, and sprinkles.  He also enjoyed eating some of our sugar cookies :)  We also plan on pushing Little R around the neighborhood in his car one night this week so he can look at all of the lights!

I wish I had more pictures of Little R doing some of these various activities, but it seems I never have my camera right with me when the moment arises.  Getting pictures of Little R is SO DIFFICULT these days as he is constantly on the go and is one very busy, little boy.  On a different note, we had Little R's 15 month appointment yesterday.  This has definitely been our most difficult appointment so far.  Little R was so scared of the doctor and cried through the whole exam :(  He also had a meltdown after his 4 shots :(  It took me forever to calm him down....poor little guy.  But I mean, honestly, wouldn't you be sort of mad if someone unexpectedly jabbed 4 needles into your leg muscles???  He is weighing in at a whopping 26.6 lbs (79th %) and is 32.? inches (89th %) for his height.  (I left his new growth chart printout at the dr. office.)  He is definitely a growing little boy and eats a ton of food....I mean a whole lot of food!!!  If he sees anyone else eating food, he whines and fusses and begs for some too.  This has proven to be quite amusing and embarrassing at times while we are out in public :)

Hopefully, I'll be able to get some Christmas pictures this week, but here is a picture of Little R sitting with Santa:



No comments:

Post a Comment