Sunday, December 4, 2011

Baby Thomas

Little R is blessed with two wonderful pediatricians.  We use Coastal Pediatrics in Savannah.  I said two pediatricians because he sees both of the pediatricians in the practice, Dr. Dudley Stone and Dr. Melissa Behm.  We have been so so pleased with both of them and their entire practice.  Everyone in the office is warm and friendly, and there is a Bible verse painted on the wall right when you walk in.  I feel that we have received wonderful medical care there, and I could just go on and on.

At Little R's 6 month checkup, we found out that Dr. Behm was expecting her first baby in November.  She told me that she was having a boy, and was beaming as any expectant mother would be.  A few weeks ago, however, I learned that her little boy had a severe heart defect and would have to have an emergency surgery shortly after his birth.  Dr. Behm delivered her little boy, Thomas, about 3 weeks ago in Atlanta.  He was born with hypoplastic left heart, a very serious heart condition that requires several surgeries.  Thomas passed away after the first surgery when he was 14 days old.  You can read about his journey at:

 http://weheartthomas.blogspot.com/

This blog and the story of Thomas' life has touched so many people.  A friend of mine, who attended Thomas' funeral yesterday, said that they mentioned at the service that 70,000 people have viewed the blog.  Dr. Behm has opened up her heart and life to all of us, and I am truly amazed at her faith and strength through this time.  Please continue to keep her and her husband, TJ, in your prayers.  I know that Thomas' life has touched more people in his 14 days than they could ever imagine.  Be sure to have a box of tissues ready if you take the time to read the blog.  You will be truly touched and blessed if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment