Thursday, October 20, 2011

Midnight Alarm and Superhero Daddy

Funny story....

I was sleeping like a rock last night due to this annoying cold I have.  Around 12:30, I heard Trey stirring and woke up to him looking at the monitor.  Then, I heard it....the sound of an alarm clock going off.  Little R has a small digital clock on his "nightstand," and I then remembered that he was trying to pull it off and play with it yesterday.  I guess the little guy somehow turned the alarm on.  The funny part was, he was fast asleep and never even stirred.  Superhero Daddy went in to turn it off, and then we all fell soundly asleep.......

Until.....

4:35 when Little R woke up crying :(  This rarely happens, and has only happened when he either has a cold or teething.  Superhero Daddy to the rescue again (I think he felt bad for me sniffing and snorting on the other side of the bed.)  Daddy changed the diaper, put on some socks, suctioned the nose, and gave Tylenol.....AND rocked little guy back to sleep and spent time rubbing his back one he laid him down (Little R is notorious for popping back up and crying all over again after you think he is asleep...we have learned this from his other middle of the night wakings.)  Superhero Daddy is my hero, too!!!

I think Little R is working on his eye teeth....I hear these can be painful!  Poor little guy :(  He sure seems fine, today, though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment