Tuesday, October 18, 2011

13 Months

Sorry this post is a week late!  On the 11th, Little R turned 13th months...I seriously cannot believe it.  At times I wish time would stand still and he could stay this age forever, but I also love watching him grow, change, and learn!  This is such a fun age because he is discovering so many new things, and we get to see more and more of his personality emerging.  However, we are definitely entering into the "toddler years" which  is definitely an interesting time.

Here are some of the things going on with the little man:

-We have almost completely transitioned from the liquid gold (his expensive formula) to whole milk.  He still gets about 5 oz of formula each day, but hopefully in a few more days, he'll be off of it completely.  He refuses to drink milk from a sippy cup, so he is still getting his bottle.  (We'll work on that later).  The whole milk has caused him to have some eczema on his legs, but it does not seem like anything too severe.

-Little R is on no schedule these days (which drives this mama crazy.)  His naps are hit or miss, and some days he will only nap for 45 minutes or an hour all day :(  (Doesn't give me much of a break.)  I hope this is just a phase as he seems to be in between 2 naps and 1 naps.  Occasionally, he'll take a 2 or 2 1/2 hour nap, but that is very rare these days.  If he takes a nap in the morning, I give him a rest time in the afternoon.  He never falls asleep, but at least he rests!!!

-We are starting to hear more and more words and gibberish from Little R.  He finally said "dada!"  So far, we have heard him say "mama," "dada," "bye bye," "amen," "Hank" (Trey's parent's dog) and some other words that resemble "ball," "tweet tweet," and "balloon."  He also saying alot of things that we have absolutely no clue as to what he is saying.

-He is pointing at everything and does the sign language sign for "all done" when he is finished eating.

-He tries to do the motions to "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and claps his hands to "If You're Happy and You Know It."

-He is a really good eater and eats most anything we give him.

-He is such a sweet little guy and is becoming more and more cuddly, which I LOVE!

-He has a shy face that he does now.  He puts his chin to his chest and does this really cute sheepish little smirk.

Here are some pictures of him at 13 months:





I could just eat him up!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment