Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September Favorites

Once again, I cannot believe another month has come and gone.  We have had a very busy September full of tons of fun.  We had two birthdays this month (Little R and Trey), traveled to "the farm" and to Fripp Island, had church pictures taken, ate alot of birthday cake, watched the Bulldawgs win some and lose some, and also spent some time sprucing up our house with some things we have been wanting to add for some time.  Here are my top 5 favorites from this month:

1. Poppin' Blue Elephant

Reives received this gift at his birthday party, and it is definitely one of his current favorite toys.  He loves to press the button and watch these balls pop out of the elephant's trunk.  He also tries to stuff all sorts of things down the elephant's trunk.  It is such a cute toy, and I would highly recommend it for any baby 9 months and up.


2. Brach's Candy Corn

For those of you that know me, you know that I absolutely LOVE candy corn.  I am always so excited when candy corn hits the stores each year.  I have been through several bags already this month, and I just cannot get enough of it.  I hope that Baby G #2 likes it, since I sure am eating my fair share :)



3. Georgia Bulldawgs

Go Dawgs!  I LOVE college football season.  The Dawgs got off to a rough start this season, but we seem to be improving.  The rest of the season will tell.  Little R is already learning how to call the Dawgs, and it is so cute when he tries to do it with us.  Reives will be experiencing his first Georgia game this weekend, so I hope that we win (and I hope the little guy survives the craziness of the day!)




Trey and I got this movie through Netflix earlier this month.  Talk about a tear jerker!  This movie is all about how God can work through the most difficult and tragic circumstances to draw people to Himself.  Although when the movie ended, my face was covered in tears, I felt so encouraged and motivated to share my faith with others.  A must see!!!!




I have been hearing about Pinterest for weeks now.  A friend invited me to do it, so I finally did a little research to see what it is all about.  I was hesitant to "join" Pinterest because I thought, "Great, another online thing like facebook to waste all of my time."  To me, however, Pinterest is much more something for me than something for me to check up on other people.  Yes, you can "follow" people on Pinterest, but I love it for a different reason.  It is like having your own, personal filing cabinet right there.  You basically save everything such as fashion ideas, travel ideas, recipes, home decorating ideas, etc. all in one spot.  So, instead of cutting out magazine clippings of decorating ideas I like, I can just save them to Pinterest when I come across them on the internet.  It is pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment