As I mentioned earlier, Frances and I went off to college together. We both attended The University of Georgia, and we truly had the time of our lives! During our freshmen year at UGA, we met two girls, Lauren Futrell from Atlanta and Gail Dunn from Nashville, TN. The four of us immediately became friends. We attended all of the UGA football and basketball games together, played flag football together, ate together at the dining hall, bowled together, danced crazy dances together....you get the point! During our sophmore year, Frances and I roomed together and Lauren and Gail roomed together in the dorms. Our friendship continued, and our junior year, we all four lived together in an apartment......TC 45 (Towneclub #45)! My favorite college memories happened in TC 45. We had an amazing, crazy, fun time, and we all came out better friends than before we lived together. I mean, we truly functioned like a family. We bought groceries together, cooked together, prayed together, laughed together, and cried together. Friends like those three are hard to come by.
I am so thankful that we all four are still so close. It was such a special weekend to have all four of us together for Frances's wedding. When we get together, it really feels like no time has passed. I think we all do a pretty good job at keeping up with each other's lives, and I am not just talking about the surface things like jobs and houses. I am talking about the things that only your closest friends care to know about. You know, the things like how your feelings got hurt by what a parent told you at parent teacher conferences or about how down you feel after moving to a new place or how God is teaching you to be more like him by forgiving someone who has hurt you. These are the girls I call on when life gets tough. These are the girls I call on when life gets exciting. I love these girls, and I feel so incredibly blessed to have them in my life. I just wish they would move closer....New Orleans, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles are a little bit too far!
I love my TC 45ers!
No comments:
Post a Comment