Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Our HOME

I am so so behind on the blog...I am really going to try to get caught up in the next few days...so, here is a start!

We closed on our new house in July!  You can refer back to my May post "Moving and Faith" about searching for a house, facing the unknown, having faith etc.  Anyways, I hated that I never wrote a post of God's faithfulness in providing a house!  So, here it is:

There was a Saturday in June when Trey and I went and looked a few houses.  They were mainly located in the particular area of town that we thought God wanted us to be in and that we thought we wanted to be in.  But, after looking at these houses, Trey and I were so discouraged on the way home.  We had seen over 40 houses in the past 6 weeks, and we were just plain exhausted of the process and so frustrated that we had not found what we were looking for.  We had made two offers on homes, that obviously hadn't worked out, and we just couldn't see that we were ever going to find a house in a safe neighborhood, that didn't need a ton of work, that was in our price range.  I was on the verge of tears on the way home, and I think Trey was just plain mad at the whole situation.  We were living with my parents, which was working out great, but we knew they needed to start a kitchen renovation and that we would have to have another plan very soon.

That afternoon, I went house searching on the internet (for the gazilionth) time and found a house that had been dropped in price....one that hadn't come up on my searches before.  Although it was out of our range, I thought it could be worth looking at.  So, we talked with our realtor and she showed it to us the very next day.  It was "love at first sight!"  We absolutely loved everything about it (well, except for the price!)  The very next day, we decided to put an offer in, that was significantly lower than asking price.  We just figured that if they accepted or countered within our range, we would see it as an open door.  If they could not go as low as our top number, then God was closing the door.  Well, after one counter, they accepted our offer!  We were floored!  So, we closed on the house at the end of June, and we moved in the middle of July!

I think back over how discouraging and frustrating the whole process was at times, and how we just kept clinging to the Lord and His faithful promises, which was not always easy.  At the time, His timing seemed late and delayed, according to our thinking.  But looking back, we see so clearly why His timing was different and oh, so much better!  This house had been on the market for 2 years and was overpriced.  The couple who we bought it from, had just found a house in Atlanta, and they were finally ready to sell their house at the very time we saw it!  What a clear picture of God's perfect will.  We praise Him for His faithfulness to our family in so many ways.  We are thankful for the house He provided, but we are especially thankful for Him proving His faithfulness to our family once again.  I clung to this verse throughout this whole process, and I love that this journey has come full circle, and He has fulfilled what He said.

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land.  I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."

Genesis 28:15

Our God is so faithful!

Some pics for those who don't live here and have asked....(don't have pics of the boys rooms, but will post some soon)

 Office

 Laundry Room

 Half bath
 Dining Room

Living Room (or empty room boys play in)
Family Room


Kitchen


Master Bedroom


Outside


No comments:

Post a Comment