Saturday, March 16, 2013

ONE.

ONE.  I can hardly believe that my baby Brooks is 1!!!!  This year has just sped by!  Although Brooks's actual birthday was Monday, March 11, we had his birthday party on Sunday, March 10.  And, in a way, I am so glad that we celebrated on Sunday and Monday.  Brooks was born on "Spring Forward Sunday," and not only was he born on that particular Sunday, but he was born 12 minutes after the offical spring forward time of 2:00 am.  So, as I was laboring with Brooks, the nurses kept joking that if I had him right at 2:00 am, they would have to decide if his official time would be 2:00 am or 3:00am.  Well, he waited a few minutes later, and he was born at 2:12 am (the old time), but since we had just "sprung forward," his official birth time was 3:12 am.  So, all of this to say, that no matter what the actual date of "Spring Forward Sunday" is, I am always going to think of that day as very special regarding the birth of my precious Brooks.  I will post more details of his party later, but I wanted to do a post about Brooks at this age.

Brooks is still as sweet, charming, and laid back as ever.  He has the biggest, brightest blue eyes I have ever seen.  He has a mouth full of teeth, and such a mischievous little grin.  He has pretty blonde, straight hair that is starting to stick out over his ears.  After going to his 1 month check up yesterday, we received his one year "stats."  He weighed 23 lbs 1 oz and was 30.3 inches long.  He is in the 54 % for weight and the 64% for height.  Unfortunately, they discovered yet another ear infection at his checkup, he is on yet another round of antibiotics.  The doctor is hoping once cold season dies down, that his ear infections will die down also (since he gets one whenever he gets a runny nose of any type.)  So, I hope that is the case.  If not, we will have to see about some tubes :(

Brooks LOVES toys!  He is so good at entertaining himself (much better than Reives was at this age.)  He is already pushing around trucks and cars with his big brother, and he is grabbing the soccer ball and trying to throw it when we play outside.  He has learned how to crawl into the sandbox now, so he is trying to dig and fill buckets with sand.  Although he loves his toys, his favorite thing in the world are books.  If you even mention the word "book," he gets soo excited!  He has a few favorites, but he really likes all of them.  He is still eating well, although he is becoming a little pickier.  I think cheese may be his favorite food.  He loves cheese toast, all fruit, sweet potatoes, yogurt, and ham.  Those are his staples.  He sometimes likes meat and occasionally likes vegetables besides sweet potatoes.  He always loves cookies, goldfish, and crackers for snacks!  And he will sure let you know how he feels about Reives getting something that he doesn't get!!!

Other things he is doing:

-still is such an amazing sleeper.  He takes 2 naps a day and sleeps 11-12 hours a night and never wakes up (even with his poor ear infections)
-still drinks his bottles, but we will be switching to cow's milk after he finishes this can of formula
-has said "mama, " "daddy," "hey daddy," "again," "uh oh" (his new favorite), and "cup".  He doesn't say all of these consistently, but he has said them all once of twice
-Brooks is pushing toys around and cruising everywhere, but he has not stood alone or walked on his own yet.  He can walk beside us while we hold just one of his hands.  I really think his balance is good enough that he could walk, but since he is a speed crawler, he seems content with that.
-Brooks LOVES to play outside, although we constantly find all sorts of the outdoors in his mouth...trees, sticks, bark, pieces of pinecone, pinestraw, and even pollen :(  YUCK!
-Brooks lets everyone know when Reives takes his toy.  I am glad he is learning to stand up for himself I guess!
-Brooks loves Wednesday nights when I go to help with the youth at church.  Trey, Reives, and Brooks have "guy's night," and they spend the evening playing with "guy stuff" and "wrestling."  According to Trey, Brooks laughs hysterically when they wrestle.  I am glad they have so much fun!
-Brooks is definitely getting to the "clingy age."  He is reluctant to go to the nursery now, but he has only cried once when I dropped him off, which is better than what Reives did at this age.  But, I think he likes to be held alot when he is in there :)

Here are some 12 month/1 year pics:







No comments:

Post a Comment