Monday, June 25, 2012

I LOVE VACATION

I LOVE vacation!!!  In the "old days," vacation meant relaxing on the beach with my toes in the sand a good book, without a care in the world....you know the type of vacation Zac Brown Band songs makes you think of.  Man oh man, times have changed, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Now, vacation means having a whole lot of fun with my boys while having a little bit of extra help, which means having a little bit of "me" time (a rarity these days!)  We spent the week of June 11 down on Tybee with my parents, sister and brother in law, Aunt Chris, and part of the week with Katie, my brother in law's sister.  It only rained one of the days, but the rest of the week was sunny and beautiful.  The beach was a little windy, but we still had a blast!

I was a little nervous going into vacation with my two little boys.  How would we all sleep?  Would we get any sleep?  Would Reives like playing on the beach everyday?  Would Brooks nap down on the beach or would he get fussy?  What in the world would a vacation be like with two children under two?  Would it be more stressful than fun?

Well, let's just say it was definitely more fun than stressful, we did get sleep, Brooks did nap on the beach (in his stroller and in arms), Reives LOVED playing on the beach everyday, and Trey and I even got to have a date night :)  Reives ran a fever the first two days of vacation, but he still seemed to have fun, and everyone enjoyed getting to cuddle with him since he didn't feel too great.  The sleeping arrangements were interesting...Reives and I slept in one room....Trey and Brooks slept in one room....Trey came to get me around 4 when Brooks woke up to eat.  Hey, it worked (I have yet to have a good night's sleep when sleeping with one of my infants.)  We ate out 3 different nights, and Brooks and Reives did amazing each time.  I mean one time, I think Reives stayed in his highchair for 2 hours, and Brooks just dozed in his carseat.  We ate at AJ's, StinRays, Coco's (a new place), and Trey and I went on a date to Tybee Social.  All places were fabulous, and I would highly recommend any of them!
We spent our evenings eating dinner, playing Dominoes on the porch, and walking on the beach (a couple of times.)  Nightly beach walks had to be done in shifts so someone was at the house with the boys.

I had so much fun that I was depressed last Tuesday morning when I woke up.  It seemed so quiet, and I missed eating breakfast on that lovely screened porch with everyone.  I think my boys also missed the constant attention from everyone :)

OK...so here is a recap of the vacation in photos:

 Getting ready for the beach....sand bucket!

 "I am so excited about vacation at Tybee"

 sunset at Tybee

 Good morning, everyone....aren't they handsome?

 So sweet :)

 Jumping the waves with Daddy

 Chilling on the beach...

 Diaper change time



 Thank goodness we brought the swing....Brooks napped like a champ on the porch 

 Reives watched Baby Einstein every morning while we got ready for the beach

 Ready for a day at the beach

 Brooks is feeling a little unsure about his beach hat

 Cool Dude!



 Our set up at Tybee



 By far the best hair on the beach

 Me and my boys


 Reives did not understand why he could not play bacci ball with the "big boys"


 Hanging with Aunt Laura

 Handsome


 Mama and Aunt Chris with their matching "fun, feather earrings" bought by, guess who??? MY DAD!

 More wet, slobbery kisses for "Baboo's" head


"I love my fish bathing suit!"

Thank you to Mama, Daddy, Laura, Josh, Katie, and Aunt Chris for making vacation so much fun for all of us!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment