Sunday, April 22, 2012

1 & 19

This post is way overdue.....

Happy 1 Month to my sweet Brooks and happy 19 months to my sweet Reives!  They are both growing too fast....

Brooks-

Brooks is becoming more and more alert each day.  He still sleeps a good bit, but he is usually wide awake for a while first thing in the morning and then later in the afternoon.  He is such a sweet and easy baby.  We usually "put him to bed" around 7:30 or so.  I feed him before I go to bed at 10 or 10:30, and then he usually wakes up anywhere from 2 to 4.  He then sleeps until 6:30 or 7.  I am so thankful to be getting some sleep.  I am still always tired, but this is definitely manageable :)  Another great thing Brooks is doing is smiling.  He started smiling around 4 weeks!!!  Those sweet smiles make every dirty diaper change, spit up, and cry so much more rewarding :)  Brooks is also starting to coo and make the sweetest little sounds, and he is great at lifting up his head.  Here are some 1 month pictures:








Reives-

What a bundle of energy!  He is becoming quite the "wild man" when he is at home in his element!  He is definitely in a "shy phase" these days and still takes a while to warm up to new people and places.  He loves his baby brother and constantly wants to kiss his head.  I am not usually able to lay Brooks on the floor when Reives is around....even when I am supervising.  It is too dangerous w/ a crazy toddler running around :)  For instance, the other day when I was attempting this, Reives tripped over Chip and almost landed completely on Brooks....scary to say the least!  Reives's new favorite thing is to take Brooks's dirty diapers and put them in the Diaper Champ for me.  He thinks he so cool doing this!  He also loves to help me "burp" Brooks and pat his back.  It is so cute.  Other things Reives is doing:

-loves snacks, especially "ish"....goldfish :)
-speaks Reivesese (his own language) constantly....who knows what he is saying, but I would love to know!
-gets so excited when he sees some of his friends....mainly his two girl friends, Cali and Kate
-Reives had his first kiss on the lips last  night...with his friend Kate...it was too cute and slobbery :)  I am going to have to keep an eye on those two!
-loves to taunt our dog, Chip.  Reives has a "snack cup" that he is allowed to carry downstairs and eat his snacks out of.  He is constantly trying to tease and taunt Chip with his snacks.  You'll hear him laughing hysterically and running away from Chip while holding out snacks....it cracks us up!!!
-Reives is still quite the eater.  He likes most food, and prefers things with alot of flavor.  He likes meat but only if it is covered in ketchup, barbeque sauce, or mixed up in a casserole.  He also loves beans, fruit, and of course, snacks!  He still isn't big on the milk, and he went from loving yogurt to hating it overnight....who knows ???
-insists on picking out a book and taking it into his crib for his nap....we watch him "reading" his books in the dark before he falls asleep :)
-still loves his pacis.  We try to keep them in his crib and reserve them for sleep only.  He loves to try to get them out of his crib and run up to us with them saying "no, no, no" (because he knows he isn't supposed to have them).
-definitely a mama's boy most days...this really breaks my heart...I mean really :)  Whenever I am not around, he always says "mama"  "mama".  But, he also walks around saying "daddy" each morning when he wakes up and is always sad that Trey has already gone to work.

Here are some pictures:


 Check out those lashes :)






We love these two boys so much!!!  Here is a picture of them about to head out to their first baseball game:


No comments:

Post a Comment