I can't believe it! Baby G #2's due date is just 4 weeks from today. For some reason, I keep thinking that he will make his appearance 11 days early just like Little R did. That means 2 1/2 weeks from now.....woah! But, who knows when he will decide to come. I was thinking about this today and how in Psalm 139 it says, "All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be." How awesome to know that God has the perfect birthday picked our for baby boy (even if it is February 29....leap day....but I hope it isn't). I was also thinking today about my many friends who have scheduled c-sections. In a way, I am envious that they are able to plan their delivery, make plans for someone to take care of their other child/children, etc. But, in a way, I love that this "mystery birthday" is unknown to me. It makes everything more fun and exciting. The main concern I have is how everything will work out as far as someone taking care of Little R. It is difficult to set a firm plan since we have no idea when I will go into labor. I have had to just let go of my worries and trust that everything will work out in God's perfect timing and way. He will take care of those details, and we are so blessed to have family in town to take care of Little R for us. (I guess I should pack a hospital bag soon, though!)
We finally have the baby's nursery set up (for the most part.) We were able to borrow a crib from my cousin, a changing table that was my sisters when she was a baby, and G-Pa and GiGi got Baby G #2 a chest of drawers for Christmas. We are still working on the whole rocking chair situation, but we think we have figured it out. (We still want some type of rocking chair/chair in little R's room since we read to him in there alot!) I will post some nursery pictures soon.
As far as me and the baby are concerned, we are doing well. The baby is moving and kicking and rolling like crazy. He is not very active in the mornings and early afternoon but is very active in the evenings and all through the night. I am starting to think he may have his days and nights mixed up. We shall see. I have no idea how big this baby will be, but I am guessing he is average. I measure "on the dot" (so they say) at all of my appointments, and at my 20 week ultrasound, he was in the 45% for size. Physically, I am feeling pretty good. I definitely get tired more easily and am trying to rest more while Reives naps. I am sleeping fairly well with my 5 pillows positioned "just so!" I know Trey will be glad when I don't sleep with all of these pillows anymore.
Here is a 36 week picture:

No comments:
Post a Comment