Saturday, January 25, 2014

Baby Glendye #3

It dawned on me today, that I have not even posted on the blog about the newest member of the Glendye family!  SHE...yes, SHE is scheduled to enter the world on June 11!  I could not believe it, when the doctor gave me the due date for this baby.  Reives was born on September 11, and Brooks was born on March 11, and now this sweet baby is due on June 11!  11's are special numbers in our family!  Trey and I found out we were expecting on October 1, 2013.  I had actually suspected that I was pregnant, because just like when I was pregnant with Brooks, I was already feeling slight waves of nausea from time to time.  Some of you may know our history, and we had some trouble conceiving the first time around.  I also have some health issues to could potentially cause miscarriages and other problems.  Thankfully, there are medicines I can begin taking once I am pregnant to help with these issues.  So, for us to find out we were expecting again, is just a testament to the Lord's power and grace.  We are humbled that He chose to grant us another child!  At the beginning of the pregnancy, I had weekly doctor's visit to monitor the baby's growth, and everything checked out well each time.

Here is a picture of Baby Glendye #3 at 11 weeks:


This pregnancy has been slightly different than the other two.  In fact, I was convinced Brooks was a boy the whole time because the pregnancy seemed identical to my pregnancy with Reives.  I have been more nauseas this pregnancy and I was nauseas in the mornings much farther into the pregnancy.  It wasn't until around 17 weeks that I stopped feeling nauseas.  I also actually got sick this time around, and with the others I never actually got sick.  My face has broken out alot more this time, whereas it never broke out with my other pregnancy.  My restless legs have not been as bad this time.  There are a few other small differences, but overall, it has just felt different.  I also have really had a strong feeling that this baby was a girl from the moment I found out I was pregnant.  Whenever I pictured this baby, she was always a girl.  But, then I would think maybe I just wanted a girl and was trying to convince myself.  We went back and forth as to whether we would find out the gender, but we finally decided that we would find out but that we wanted to do it in a unique and fun way.

At my 20 week ultrasound, we were both relieved and thankful to find out that this baby is healthy and growing.  Based on her size, the computer also gave her the due date of June 11!  We had the sonagrapher hide the gender from us.  After the ultrasound, I took an envelope with the gender to a bakery, and they made us a cake with a layer of icing inside that matched the gender.  The outside was iced in white with pink and blue flowers.  Thursday night, we had our parents and siblings over for a gender reveal party!  I was so incredibly anxious and excited all day!  I could not wait to cut into that cake.  Well, when it was time to cut into the cake, we discovered PINK icing!  We could not believe it! The boys were thrilled, as they have been saying they really want a girl baby.  Reives says he already has a boy baby and needs a girl baby.  It's funny to me that he has been convinced this baby was a girl from the very beginning :)

 Reives dreaming about eating the cake...forget revealing the gender!

About the cut into the cake...

The icing is....PINK!!!

 It's a GIRL!!!

So excited!!!

 PINK icing!

 Gigi's reaction!

Grammie's reaction

And some pictures of the little princess herself:






We can't wait to meet HER!!!

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you guys!! Girls are a wonderful blessing that come with lots of sparkle and ruffles....they bring the art of beauty out of things you've never thought of before. Praising God along with you for a healthy miracle.

    ReplyDelete