Tuesday, December 17, 2013

3 years and 3 months

Three year olds are so much fun!!!  Our Little R is full of energy, creativity, imagination, and questions.    He constantly makes us laugh and almost everyday we are amazed at how much he knows and understands.  Reives is becoming more independent lately, and some days, he insists on doing everything by himself.  Other days, he wants us to do things for him.  Reives catches onto things very quickly, and is one of the most observant humans I have ever been around.  For example, some days when I get him up from his nap, the first thing he'll say to me is something about how I took off my earrings or changed my shirt.  He notices little things like that about people all of the time!  He is such a little sponge and is learning so much at his preschool and at BSF (the Bible study program he goes to during my Bible Study on Wed. mornings).  Reives loves to play with Brooks, and he is slowly getting better about boundaries with Brooks, but you know how brothers are!!  He enjoys playing with blocks and legos, playing games with us like "Uno Moo" and drawing on his dry erase board with markers.  He also loves playing outside in the sandbox and just exploring around the yard.

When you ask Reives to name something (a stuffed animal, person he drew, etc.), he always makes up some random, gibberish name like "ishkish" or something.  It cracks us up.  Reives also loves to "go under the sea" with Daddy when he gets home.  Basically it means they roll around and wrestle on the rug and talk about fish and stuff.  One of the funniest things he likes to do is "to hatch."  This is something he made up all by himself.  One day, he just walked into the kitchen and said, "Mama, come and watch me hatch."  I was completely confused.  So, I went into the den and watched Reives cover himself up with throw pillows.  Then he busted out of them, and said, "I just hatched."  He does this all of the time and it never ceases to make us laugh!!  Reives has some prankster in him, too...hmm...wonder where he gets that!?!?!  

One thing I love about Reives is his sweet heart.  He has lots of questions about God and Jesus, and I love that this gives us opportunities to talk to him about what is most important to us!  He enjoys looking at His Bible, and telling me what he learns at BSF and Sunday School.  I am so thankful to be able to spend so much time with him, so that we have opportunities to talk about these things!!  He has even memorized his first Bible verse, "Children, obey your parents in the sight of the Lord, for this is right."  Epehesians 5:1. We sing it to the tune of "Happy Birthday!"

Reives is still one of the best eaters ever!  He pretty much will eat and try anything.  This past weekend, he ate quail and fried venison.  He also tries vegetables and any type of casserole.  However, he still drinks no milk, and just flat out doesn't like it...even when we add chocolate :(  He still naps most days, but usually 1 or 2 days a week will just rest and not go to sleep.  He has the potty thing down for sure, but he still sleeps in a diaper or pull up...will be working on that soon!  He also still sleeps in his crib.  It's funny though, because now he can climb into and out of his crib.  But, he loves his crib, and never climbs out unless I come to get him.  We are going to move him into a toddler bed after Christmas.

Here are some pics of our precious Reives at this age :)






No comments:

Post a Comment