Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Roadtrip

One of my best friends from college is having a baby in March!!  Lauren lives in New Orleans, so I do not get to see her often as I'd like, but her parents live in Atlanta.  So, since she was going to be in the ATL and having a baby shower, I got a wild hair that I would brave a roadtrip by myself with the two little guys to celebrate Baby Dunaway!  I have always been one for a little adventure, so me and the boys took the first weekend in January to visit friends in Atlanta.  I was, of course, very nervous about the trip.  Would they scream in the car?  I mean, I can't just let go of the wheel and turn around to give them their sippy cups and paci when they drop them.  Would I freak out driving through Atlanta with screaming babies in the backseat, while trying to look at directions?  Since we would all 3 be sleeping in the same room both nights, would they scream when going to bed and keep each other up?  Would I get even a wink of sleep?  And, of course, how in the world would they behave at this nice baby shower?  Would Reives whine and cling to my leg asking me to "carry you?" while was having to hold Brooks to keep him from crawling around and getting into everything?  I just tried to push the questions aside and embrace the big adventure ahead!!!

Well, all I can say is that I am so thankful for such an amazing weekend!  I mean seriously, it could not have gone any better!  I didn't hear the first whimper in the car until we were 5 minutes from our destination (thanks to a good nap from Brooks and a Mickey Mouse DVD for Reives.)  Nobody cried at night and all of us slept all night long until 7:30 both mornings.  No one cried on the way home in the car.  And the boys did wonderful at the baby shower!  Needless to say, I worry too much!!!

So, the boys did great, but I also got to spend some great, quality time with three of my dearest friends!!!  We got to Atlanta at lunchtime on Friday and spent the afternoon eating lunch and playing at a park with Lauren.  We spent Friday night at Lauren's parent's house, and we went to the shower Saturday morning.  Then, we spent Saturday afternoon and night with my dear college friend, Kathryn and her family (husband, Bryan and 2 year old, Miller).  Then we also got to see my sweet friend, Jackie on Sunday before heading back.  All of these friends were bridesmaids in our wedding and have played such a special part in my life.  And not to mention, all three of my dear friends are expecting!!!  Yay for babies!


Kathryn, Lauren, me, and Reives at the baby shower

Love my sweet friend, Lauren

 Kathryn reading bedtime stories to Miller and Reives (I promise Brooks came too, but I guess I didn't take his picture)

Me and Kathryn

*So mad I didn't get pictures with Jackie :(

So blessed with such wonderful friends and boys!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment