Brooks
Happy 5 months old, Brooks! I seriously cannot believe it. Time is going by so much quicker with Brooks than it did with Reives. Brooks has grown alot in this past month. We went to the doctor for a weight check last Friday, and he weighed 14 lbs 7 oz. So, he has gained over 2.5 lbs in the last 3 weeks....yay! His clothes are getting tighter, and he is getting rolls all over those sweet legs :) I just LOVE it! Brooks is still one of the sweetest, most laid back babies! He rarely cries (except when he gets tired and is in the car.) He loves to be around people and is highly entertained by his big brother. Brooks is babbling and cooing and is grabbing those feet like crazy. He stopped eating around 4 am this past week, so I think his 3 week growth spurt is starting to slow down some. Brooks doesn't have much hair, but he has this very thin patch of long hair on the top of his head. The new hair growing in seems to be very blonde (much blonder than Reives's hair was) but it is still too early to tell. His eyes are very blue, and most people say that he looks like my side of the family, namely, my Daddy. He still rolls from his stomach to his back, but he has still not rolled the other way. I think he could, but he is usually content to lay on his back and play. He loves his pacis, and likes to suck on one and hold one in his hand to go to sleep. (I guess Reives must have told him about this little habit at some point....so funny that they both do that!) Brooks has only had oatmeal cereal once and was not too fond of it. So, I will slowly be introducing some cereal this month as we work towards the 6 month mark of.....BABY FOOD! Here is my happy little guy at 5 months:
Reives
Reives is 1 month shy of turning 2!!! WOW!!! Around 22 months, we saw a major change in Reives's disposition. He became less clingy, more independent, and turned into a wild man! Well, 23 months has brought a major change in Reives's speech. He has finally started putting two words together to make little phrases. It is so cute. He also tries to copy everything we say! Some of his favorite phrases are "Hey Baboo," "Woud Papa" (loud airplane) "Woud Nunder" (loud thunder) "big tru" (big truck), "big poopoo" and "bad poopoo" and "stiny poopoo" (stinky poopoo), "NighNigh Mama" (night night Mama), and "bad Chi" (bad Chip). It is so funny to hear him saying all of these new things. He can also count to ten now and is learning his colors. Another new thing lately is that Reives sings alot. He sings in the car, around the house, etc. His favorite songs are "Do a Dear" and "Old McDonald." I must admit that I have pulled out my "Sound of Music" DVD and show Reives the "Do a Dear" scene several times a week. He LOVES it. "Sound of Music" is my all time favorite movie, so I love that I can watch part of it with Reives. He knows all of the notes, and when we sing it, he sings the note that comes next (mi, fa, so, la, etc.) Thank you Grammie, for teaching Reives this song so that I can watch "Sound of Music" with him :) Reives is a little bundle of energy and a true mess. Sometimes, when I get on to him, he goes to the "time out" spot and sits there and just smiles at me. (You can tell how well "time out" works around here!) He loves to say the blessing before meals and thank God for all of his family and friends. He even thanks God for Chip and sometimes Gauge (G-Pa's dog). He loves to cuddle and read books with Daddy before bed, and he truly loves his brother. "Daddy" and "Baboo" are his first words every morning when I go to get him from his crib. On a different note, this little guy has a mean overhand throw with a baseball! Here is our little bundle of energy:




No comments:
Post a Comment