Saturday, May 19, 2012

2 & 20

About a week ago, our little baby turned 2 months and our big baby, 20 months!  Hard to believe Brooks has already been a part of this family for 2 months...it is hard to remember life without him :)

Brooks:

Brooks is just the cuddliest little baby ever!  He prefers to be held and interacted with all of the time alot :)   I wish that I could just sit and hold him all day as he prefers, but that is nearly impossible with big brother running around, also demanding my full attention.  Needless to say, this mama is in high demand these days!!!  He is slowly warming up to his swing, but really only likes it if he is swaddled.  Brooks LOVES getting his bath each night.  I think it is one of his favorite times of day.  He is starting to take a long nap each morning (2.5 hours) which is nice.  He usually takes another long nap in afternoons, and he catnaps the rest of the day.  He is sleeping 5 and 6 hour stretches at night still, which is so so nice.  I love that I only have to get up one time to feed him.  He is a long and fairly skinny little guy (not near as thick as Little R was at this age.)  At his 2 month appointment, he measured 22.8 inches (45%) and weighed 10 lbs 10 oz (26%).  I don't think he will be as big as his big brother, but we will see :)

 Thinking....

 Looking cute at 2 months...

 Cheese...

Chillin' out....

Reives:

Reives is definitely on the move these days.  I feel like he is at a hard age because his attention span is not long enough to sit and focus on a toy/activity for very long, but he is wanting to do so much.  This combination sometimes makes for a bored and whiny toddler :(  On the other hand, he is at such a fun age when you sit and play with him.  Sometimes, you can almost see the wheels in his head turning as he learns and discovers things.  He is picking up new words daily, and it is so fun to hear his words for things "felfant" (elephant), "gerf" (giraffe), "poon" (spoon), "paaple" (pineapple), etc.  Little R is a typical toddler in that he wants to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it.  If this doesn't work out for him (as it often does not), well you can guess....MELTDOWN/TANTRUM to follow!  These are not fun, but thankfully, they do not last very long unless he is extremely tired.  He is very into animals right now and loves to watch his Baby Einstein ocean DVD with sea animals.  He names them all as he watches it...so cute!  He still calls his little brother a "baboo" and still constantly kisses his head.  Little R is also in a very very clingy phase right now.  He does not like to be separated from us, even if we have to run downstairs really quick to get something.  I hope he'll grow out of this soon, although it does make me feel pretty special :)

 Doing one of his favorite things....eating a "ceekee"

 Little stud...

 Lovin' his hat...

Little R with his "fafoo" (paci)...

I love these two little guys so much!  They bring so much joy to our lives and keep us on our toes.  Life with 2 is a challenge, and I have ended a few days in tears with the constant sound of a toddler/baby crying stuck in my head.  (Whoever says being a stay at home mom isn't a real job...well they are WRONG!)  Most days, however, go very well!  No matter what kind of day we have, I count it a true blessing to be able to stay home and raise these boys.  I have adopted a motto here recently, and I try to live by this each day:  "To know God and to make Him known."  Each day, I want to know Him better and make Him known to others around me, especially my boys.  If all I do all day is show my boys God's love by being kind, patient, compassionate, loving, etc. as I take care of them, then I will consider that day a success!!!

Mother's Day 2012....best picture we could get :)  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment